Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Summer, er I mean Spring Frenzy

Yes it is officially Spring. Last year we had snow March 21, tomorrow is expected to be in the 70's!
I'm using the great weather to do a frenzy of work in the garden  -- I'm "seizing the day and throttling it" as Calvin (of Calvin and Hobbes) used to say, with accompanying picture of him covered in dirt and blood.
Here's some pics of what I've done-- I'm too tired to write much.
I spray painted my garden tower blue.   I will grow only beans on it this year-- the morning glories took over last year, ans I vowed not to make the mistake of planting them with beans again.
I also brought home truckloads of mulch and compost. A tarp under the load is my secret for easy cleanup.  The mulch went mostly on paths in the garden, the compost topped off the new asparagus bed, which is now ready for the mail order asparagus crowns.... due here any day. 
And I fenced off  my older 16 ft bed, which made Sol sad, because he liked to lie on it. Then I put in a pop up fabric covered tunnel and planted kale, bok choy and purple sprouting broccoli under it. Take that, you cabbage moths.
I also manured beds, cut back perennials, weeded, and even cut some grass ( I can't believe I had to cut grass in March).  Now it's time to relax, so this post is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment