Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring planting update

I spent the day in the kitchen garden adding manure to the beds (bagged this year, since I never made it to the horse farm this winter)  and weeding and adding straw to the paths.
Here's a pic of the tidy garden with Sol waiting patiently for his dinner and walk:



I've already got peas, onions, arugula and two patches of spinach in the ground.  Inside I'm finally getting some sprouts from the tomato and pepper seeds, while potatoes are 'chitting' up nicely. I always take my seed potatoes out of the fridge and pre-sprout them for up to three weeks. It really makes a difference!


I also sorted through my seed packs to see what else I can plant in April.
Here are my selections:



The radish seed packs are both quite old-- 2009 and 2010. I think I'll stop at Ann and Hope on the way home for more radishes.  I really enjoy radishes, tops and all, sauteed in butter with a splash of vinegar added at the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment